Saturday, September 17, 2011

CDAC Progressive Challenge #3

Came back yesterday from a few days in Barcelona - great city
to visit.  Did a lot of sightseeing that at the end of each day I
could hardly walk!  Had an overnight flight back home to
Israel, and that of course, meant I would be tired all of
yesterday. At least last night I made up for it by sleeping
over ten hours.  Couldn't wait to get back to my crafting.

The image I chose for the challenge  is called 'Swallowtail &
Sunflower' by Just Inklined

I am always trying out new things so for this card decided to
see what it would look like by just colouring part of the picture
and then putting the image against a dark background.
I used my Nestabilites Lacey Ovales to cut out the image and then
went around the outer semi circles with ink and put ribbon through
them.  I cut out another butterfly and put it over the original one to
make it 'pop'.  For the background I used a Cuttlebug embossing
folder on black card, I then sandpapered a little and then went
over the card with ink.  The card was finished with Dot Sparkler
Stickers from Stampendous. 



2 comments:

  1. Ooooo what a clever idea and it's just gorgeous! LOVE the ribbon run through the oval and the butterfly just POPS! Great job!

    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Round #3 of the Progressive Challenge at CDAC.

    Darlene
    CDAC Board Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you left the flower outlined and made the butterfly pop with color! Very beautiful. The woven ribbon is also an ingenious idea!
    Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete